What should I expect during my first visit?
During your first appointment you will discuss your concerns with the urologist. The doctor will ask you questions and may perform a physical examination. You may be sent for further tests and be asked to return for follow-up. Based on the results of your test(s) a diagnosis will be made and the appropriate treatment will be explained and offered to you.
Do I need a Referral to see Dr Jefferson?
We mostly only see referred patients. A referral from another doctor to Dr Jefferson ensures that you are seeing a specialist most appropriate for you and your condition.
Also, with a medical referral, Medicare will refund you a higher rebate for the specialist service.
How can my family doctor help me to obtain specialist medical care?
Before seeing any medical specialist, it is always preferable to talk to your own family doctor.
You can discuss your condition with your general practitioner who can advise you on whether a referral to Dr Jefferson is necessary.
If your GP believes a referral is required, he can simply refer you to Dr Jefferson.
Dr Jefferson will also be able to provide relevant information during any treatment to your general practitioner to help in your ongoing care.
This referrer - specialist communication is very important to your ongoing health management.
What should I bring to the first appointment?
In preparation for the initial office appointment please bring any of the following you may have:
- Referral letter from GP, family physician or another doctor
- Medicare Card and Private health fund details
- DVA or Pension Card
- Copies of results, X-rays, MRI's, CT scan etc. and any other relevant information
- Any previous Pathology Results (Blood or Urine tests)
What should I expect during my first appointment?
Typically the first meeting with Dr Jeffeson includes the following:
- You will discuss your concerns with the urologist.
- Dr Jeffeson will ask you questions and may perform a physical examination.
- You may be sent for further tests and be asked to return for a follow-up visit.
Based on the results of your test(s) or from the initial appointment Dr Jefferson will make a diagnosis. Various treatment choices may be explained and discussed with you.